Samenvouwen
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Weergeven
Clear All
nieuwe berichten

Geens okay

I have the team in subject in my lists 1971.

As it was composed mostly by cyclo-cross riders I ask you the following questions:

1) This team only existed for the cyclo-cross season 1970-1971 or it was also participating in road events in 1971?

2) If he was only for the 70-71 cyclo-cross season, when has it started racing? In a certain month of 1970 or only since 1971?

3) When was it dismissed?

I thank you in advance for the information.

Regards.
    Manuel

Hello everyone,

I forgot to say that the jersey was similar to Geens/Watney 1971, but the name of the sponsors was just Geens/Okay.

Regards.

Manuel

Opmerking

Manuel,

I think Geens-Watneys-Okay was till the end of 1970. Then in 1971 there was Geens-Okay-De Torens and Watneys-Avia.
      Normally the teams existed till the end of the year. How the contracts were with the riders, aspecially with the cyclo-cross riders, I don't know (maybe only from januar till end of februar and starting again from octobre till december?)

I send you some copys of the official magazine of the BWB of 1970.

Jan

Opmerking

Hello Jan,

I thank you very much your reply.
        Concerning Geens/Watney/Okay (as you identify this team in 1970) I must say that the name of the third sponsor Okay is not seen in any jersey the riders have been wearing.
        Besides, when the cyclo-cross season 1969-1970 started some riders was wearing already a Geens/Wayney jersey in 1969, although, according to some pictures that I saw somewhere, it was not similiar to that of the 1971 road season.
        So, did the Geen/Okay team started the cyclo-cross season 1970-1971 already at the end 1970?
        This is one of my questions posted before.

Also my thanks for the issues you will send to me.

Regards.
        Manuel

Opmerking

Jan,

Herein attached please find the pictures I mentioned in my previous reply.

Regards.
          Manuel

Opmerking

Jan,

As I don't understand the flemmish language I can't send the pictures through Wielerarchieven. So, I'll sem them directly to your personal address.

Thank you.

Manuel

Opmerking

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Azevedo Bericht weergeven
              Hello Jan,

I thank you very much your reply.
              Concerning Geens/Watney/Okay (as you identify this team in 1970) I must say that the name of the third sponsor Okay is not seen in any jersey the riders have been wearing.
              Besides, when the cyclo-cross season 1969-1970 started some riders was wearing already a Geens/Wayney jersey in 1969, although, according to some pictures that I saw somewhere, it was not similiar to that of the 1971 road season.
              So, did the Geen/Okay team started the cyclo-cross season 1970-1971 already at the end 1970?
              This is one of my questions posted before.

Also my thanks for the issues you will send to me.

Regards.
              Manuel
              Manuel, I think the team started already in january 1970 and continued till december 1970. I'm not sure the jersey of january 70 was the same of december 70.

Jan

Opmerking

bonjour à tous les deux, comme vous parlez français, je vais m'exprimer en français. j'ai etabli MES listes de cette epoque à partir de "memoire du cyclisme", donc à partir de vos données et recherches à tous les deux, puisque ce site s'en est bien inspiré.

en 1970 il y a l'equipe routiere GEENS - WATNEY avec quelques specialites de cyclo cross (badts, baele, de rey, scheirs, nijs, vandamme albert, vandamme daniel). ces cyclo crossmen faisaient peut etre un peu de route aussi.

en 1971 cette equipe devient WATNEY - AVIA , et on n'y trouve pas les 7 crossmen cités ci dessus.

Jan, pour 1971 tu mets badts et nijs dans une mini equipe de cross, GEENS-OKAY (2 coureurs seulement dans cette mini equipe), et les 4 autres (vandamme freres, scheirs, baele) dans une petite equipe de cross, GEENS - WATNEY (de rey aurait arreté) . il me semble logique de considerer que ces 4 continuent à etre sponsorisés pour le cross saison 70/71 par geens-watney.
                en 1969 les 6 crossmen cités (les 7 moins baele) sont dans l'equipre routiere OKAY-DIAMANT-GEENS.
                je ne vois pas où est le probleme: ces cyclo crossmen ne font presque que du cyclo cross, avec le maillot de leur equipe routiere pour 1969 et 1970. en 1971 on peut supposer que l'equipe routiere ne veut plus de cyclo crossmen dans son gros effectif, et donc se creént une mini equipe de 2 crossmen et une autre de 4, sans doute que jusqu'à la fin de la saison 70/71 de cross, puisque pour 1972 ils sont soit individuels soit en arret..

Opmerking

Watney - Okey

Hello,

I have a picture ....
                  Toegevoegde bestanden

Opmerking

Bezig...
                  X